I recently cleaned out a few of my bureaus and part of my closet. I learned several things:
1) I have WAY too many clothes. Like ridiculous amounts. I got rid of 8 pairs of jeans that I didn’t even know I had.
2) The ex wasn’t lying when he saw me and said “That can’t be her. She’s like 20 pounds skinnier than that” Maybe I haven’t been so aware of my massive weight gain, but holy effer. I couldn’t get most of these pants on past my thighs. I probably shouldn’t have even tried them on knowing it wasn’t going to be pretty. Honestly, I know I used to be way too small and I’m actually happy to have grown a bit (I don’t look like a child anymore…just a 16 year-old now), but still. It’s never fun to see it.
3) I have way too many skirts that are way too short to wear in public. I remember wearing them in college and realizing that while it’s cool to wear short skirts in NH, it’s kind of sketchy in Boston. All it gets you in Boston is stares from gross men.
4) A lot of my tank tops and stuff are kind of skankish. I asked my mom if she would take my clothes to Goodwill or something and she said she has a co-worker who needs stuff for a church sale so she will give them to her. But I’m not so sure my stuff is church-appropriate. Are there rules on that? I told my mom I wasn’t sure my clothes were good for church girls and my mom said she was sure there were some skanky church girls. Fair enough.
5) My tastes have changed a lot. For some reason, I have lots of old surfer-ish clothing. Tons of skirts from Pacific Sunwear (or PacSun as I guess the kids call it now) and just plain strange stuff that I would never wear these days.
6) I also cleaned out some of my clothes at my parent’s house. Interestingly, the stuff from high school fits me; some of it too big. Conclusion? I wore my clothes far too large in high school, realized this in college, and then massively grew. Who goes through growth spurts a couple years after college? Apparently I do.
7) After getting rid of tons of clothes, somehow all my drawers, etc. are still full. Round two is coming soon.
So, that was tons of fun. And now I’m going to bed so I can get up early to go to the gym. The Colonnade pool later this week? Must fit in bathing suit.